Friday, September 10, 2010

Randomness

Hi again from Reno!!

This is going to be a nice scatter brained post of just some randomness that has been swimming around in my head!!

First, awesomeness around Reno! Today I decided I should finally get on the ball and try to find an OB so that I don't just have to go into the woods somewhere and bite down on a branch when this baby comes! I know I wouldn't have had to, but I also didn't want to be at the mercy of whatever random resident happened to be on call at the hospital! Anyway, so I called the doctor's office and they needed my records from my previous doctor and wanted to know if I had a preference as to what doctor takes me on as a patient...so I decided it would be faster (ended up not so much faster) and cheaper (that part worked out) to just take my packet of medical records up to the office. Well, the office is in Downtown Reno, so I got to see the "Reno: The biggest little city..." sign! Very exciting! Also, I drove by this antique shop called "Somewhere in Time". I love that movie so I thought it was a really neat name for an antique shop! Then I saw the most awesome name for a bar and grill not far from the river in Downtown Reno! It was called "Amendment 21"! AWESOME!! For those of you who don't know, we're going to have a quick US Constitution lesson...the 21st Amendment was the one that repealed prohibition, thus allowing for a place like "Amendment 21" to even exist today! And the final bit of Reno awesomeness for the day, I saw a guy hauling gear for the "Great Reno Balloon Races". I just thought it was cool, and maybe I've seen "The Wizard of Oz" a couple too many times, but I don't even understand how you would race hot air balloons...

Now on to less awesome stuff about Reno...first of all there is currently massive amounts of road construction going on, thus making it difficult to get places in a reasonable amount of time in some parts of the city! And if I weren't so freaked out by just driving around and exploring, it probably wouldn't be such a big deal...sadly, I have this totally irrational fear that I will get lost and never be able to find my way back!

So, like I said before, I dropped off my medical records to the doctor's office I would like to start going to...by the way, I have an appointment with one of the doctor's next Wednesday! And I decided to mention that I am interested in at least attempting a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean, get it?! It's an acronym!) and the girl at the front desk of a practice called "OBGYN Associates" didn't know what "VBAC" was short for...so either she just answers phones and just doesn't concern herself with real patient relations, OR Nevada doctors just don't do very many VBAC procedures...I can't tell which!

Next, I was at Babies R Us yesterday just kind of looking at what my options were as far as a double stroller...and once I was done looking at all of that stuff, I found myself wandering around the "after pregnancy" aisle...nursing pads and whatnot...and I happened to see this thing that you wrap around your hips to bring them back to their pre-baby postition...and here's the thing that made me decide that it is a stupid product...it's this one kind that has been designed by Dennis Quaid's wife...and yes Dennis Quaid and his wife have twins...but he's the kicker, SHE didn't CARRY or BIRTH those babies!! She has NO IDEA the kind of changes your body undergoes when pregnant and after birth!! I might be convinced to buy a product like that from a person like Michelle Duggar or even Heidi Klum, but not some chick who has never been pregnant!! As far as I'm concerned that ranks right up there with a man giving me nursing advice!!

And finally, I was looking at my latest issue of People Magazine, yes I read it and I like it!! And on the cover is this teen couple who was on that show "Teen Mom" on MTV, and they made the very mature decision to place their baby for adoption. The headline on the cover was "We miss our baby". Now, call me crazy, I'm pretty sure you'd have to have ice water running in your veins to NOT miss a child that you carried and got to know over the course of a pregnancy and then give it to another family! I just thought it was a stupid headline...of course they miss their baby! It's only natural!

Alright, hopefully my next post won't be so very random! I hope everyone is doing well! TTFN! Ta Ta For Now!!

--MS:)--

No comments:

Post a Comment