Thursday, September 2, 2010

New Chapter, same book!

HOLY COW!! It's been a long, long time! Seven whole months!! Okay, let's play a little game of catch up!

For starters, Daemon is going to be a big brother! This December, we're expecting a little girl, her name is still to be determined! That is simply because we named Daemon before he was even born and it took me a good two weeks or so to be convinced that his name was in fact Daemon...but then he got a nickname and now he still doesn't look like his name is Daemon, he looks like "Boo"! I don't think there is a win in this one for me!

After the news that we are expanding our little family unit, it was a pretty slow spring and early summer...I had to give up running for the most part, now the only running I do is after Boo when he tries to be all independent! Also, with this pregnancy, this little girl apparently thought that mommy needed to lose a few pounds! She made me SOOOO sick! I lost about 10 pounds, and it took a few weeks to gain it back and I have yet to gain much more! I look like I'm smuggling a basketball!

Later in the summer, Jason decided it was time for a change, career wise...and combined with some less than desirable political issues at his former employer, he dedicated himself to finding a new job. As of right now, he is working in a contract to hire position for a company called PerTrac. It is out of the gaming industry, and yet still in Nevada, I know, CRAZY!! He is dealing more with financial institutions now, in fact they have pretty regular meetings with their offices in New York and London.

Along with the new job, came a move of what could be considered epic proportions for a pregnant mommy with a two year old. Jason's new job is in Reno, NV...also known as "The biggest little city". It really is! It totally has the feel of a small town, what with all the open space in and around the city! By the way, not a super fun drive, Vegas to Reno...it's a whole lot of nothing...until you get to a little town called Fallon, which has a Wal-Mart AND corn fields!! People here are super polite and they drive less aggressively than I'm used to! Although that has helped as I have been trying to learn my way around this week! But, I have found Starbucks, Target, Wal-Mart and a few grocery stores, I might just be able to do this! Now, I just need to find a doctor!

One of the super cool things I've seen since being here, I was at Wal-Mart and I saw a whole bunch of hippie-type people and they all seemed to know each other and they were all stocking up on camping supplies so I figured it was either a hippie convention in Reno, or the apocalypse was coming soon and it was hitting in Reno! Jason had also taken notice of the large number of rented campers we had seen on our drive from Vegas...so finally I had had enough of wondering what the hell was going on and saw a couple checking stuff off of their list, so I walked up and asked what was up. In fact, what I actually said was, "There are a lot of people who look like they are going camping and you all seem to know each other, what's the deal?" They are all going to this festival called "Burning Man". For those of you not in the know, Burning Man is like a post-modern, techno, pagan Woodstock where they light this 45 foot guy on fire! It's out in the middle of the desert without any modern conveniences, hence the mass quantities of camping supplies! And I'm not exaggerating when I say MASS quantities, I saw people with 3 and 4 carts trailing behind them!

Anyway, that's about all, we're pulling the apartment together, we've got it just about unpacked...hopefully we'll get it all done by this weekend! We are really liking Reno, we LOVE the weather here, and like I said the people have been very polite, and it's much more laid back than Vegas, that might take a little getting used to! But I'm sure I'll manage!

Stay tuned for more updates from Reno! TTFN! Ta Ta For Now!

--MS:)--

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! You're so positive about your adventure and move. Congrats! And Burning Man? Who knew? Hilarious!! Glad to see you are posting again.

    ReplyDelete