Sunday, November 14, 2010

Baby Update!

Hello from Reno!

So, I know I just posted a few days ago, but I thought I would give you another update! I'm now about 36 weeks pregnant, 3 and a half weeks to go! I can make it! I swear I can! The reason I say I have 3 and a half weeks to go is because of what we've opted to do delivery wise...

I would like to attempt a VBAC, and I've been able to convince my doctor that I can do it! However, it turns out that it is one of those "if all the stars align" type deals...Also, I might just change doctors after the birth of this child, mostly because I don't really like the size of the practice that my doctor is with, there are about 11 doctors in the group! So, anyway, according to this practice and their policy, the following things need to happen for me to do a VBAC: My doctor needs to be the one on-call, I have to go into labor on my own (they won't induce for a VBAC), and I have to go into labor by 40 weeks...meaning, I have to have this little girl on or before my due date which is December 14th, otherwise they will do a c-section anyway...

In doing a little bit of thinking, I realized that genetically speaking, the odds are not in my favor. My mother did not have a single one of her babies on or before their due date, her record was 15 days past her due date, that was me! I just didn't feel like being born in October! And my mother's other children who have given birth have gone past their due dates as well. So, what we've decided to do, it to just schedule the section for December 8th and if I happen to go into labor on my own before that, cool! If not, oh well...

Also, I'm working on getting things ready for little miss to make her debut! That silly nesting instinct has hit me pretty hard, I cleaned the apartment for several hours today, and I still feel like it's not clean enough!

Anyway, I think that's all, I hope all is well with everyone!

TTFN!! Ta Ta For Now!

--MS:)--

1 comment:

  1. I know it might not happen with that doctor, but ask if he would be willing to strip your membranes and then go for long walks (on the beach watching the stars....oh wait, that is a bad singles ad). Granted it might not work, but it is always worth a try. Also, if you are up to it (and if Jason is too), sex can do it too. I know....I know.....it is not what you would like to do at 8 months pregnant, but it does do the hormone thing to ya.

    I know you want to do a VBAC. However, it is not the end of the world to get a c-section. The result is the same in the end....you will have a beautiful baby girl to love and adore and dress in pink, purple, and lots of frill. So, enjoy nesting!

    Oh, and just so you know my little man was due August 18th, so you have a chance delivering early! Just saying!

    ReplyDelete