Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Reflection Time!

Hello from Reno!

Well, like I said, it's "Reflection Time"! This time last year I was still pregnant with my second baby! Now that baby is nearly a year old! I can't believe how fast time has flown! Boo is getting older, bigger, and SMARTER! He knows the alphabet VERY well, and spells EVERYTHING! He also counts very well! He reads a small handful of words as well! I just can't get over how smart he is! He's also quite a challenge from time to time, mostly with listening, he pushes boundaries that have been in place since he was a tiny baby! I continue to hope that he gets easier! The big hope is that as his language skills continue to grow and evolve, so will his abilities to reason.

We have lived in Reno for a little more than a year and we love it more and more every day! We are in the midst of fall, in fact, thanks to some fairly strong wind a couple of days ago, the trees that are closest to us have lost most of their leaves! Soon we'll have snow! We have discovered that we are small town kind of people...at least now we are! We lived in Salem, OR for a year and at the time it was too small a town. Then we lived in Las Vegas for seven very. long. years. And that was too big, we're like the Goldie Locks of residence! Reno is just right!

Some things have changed in recent months, I am experiencing my teen years all over again! I got braces back in August to correct my mid-line so that I don't have a tooth in the middle of my mouth! With any luck, I will be out of the braces by next Christmas! So, because I'm in braces and can't eat some of my favorite foods (mostly candy, specifically, sticky, gooey candy) I took it upon myself to join a gym and start getting in shape for some road races that I want to run next year! So, now I'm training for the Rock 'n' Roll Seattle Half-Marathon. Reno also has a Marathon and Half-Marathon, so I might run that one, and there is also another race in the Reno Tahoe area called "The Odyssey" that is 178 miles that is run as a team relay, hopefully, I can find a team that will have me, and I can run that one as well!

As far as training and running goes, it's going well, I am running at just over a 10 minute mile, in fact just yesterday (11/7/11) I ran three miles in 30:36! I have never run that fast in my life! Seattle ought to be awesome! I'm also looking forward to running with my dad at Christmas and actually keeping up with him!

I think that's all for now! I hope everything is going well for everyone! TTFN, Ta Ta For Now!

--MS:)--

No comments:

Post a Comment