Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy New Year!






Hello from Reno!

I hope everyone had a lovely Holiday season! Whether you celebrate Hanukkah, Christmas, or Festivus...And I hope everyone had a safe and happy new year! I can tell you that I had a pretty good Christmas and New Year's. Mostly because our beautiful baby girl made her debut! So far Boo is a wonderful big brother, he pretty much ignores her until she starts fussing and then he wonders what is making that noise and then once in a while he tries to comfort her...in his slightly overly aggressive two and a half year old way...it's cute but also a little frightening at the same time!

So as I mentioned before, our beautiful baby girl finally made her much anticipated debut! We ended up doing a repeat c-section, since I wasn't able to convince my body to go into labor on its own! This time the c-section and the recovery went much better than the first time around, I think it also has to do with the fact that I knew what to expect this time. The only thing was that I could still feel and move my arms once the spinal took effect, and that freaked me out since I couldn't feel or move them when I had Boo...My doctor did a very good job, it was quick and easy and he even held up our little girl so that (in theory) I could see her over the drape. However, all I ended up being able to see was her hand. One other difference that I seemed to notice was that Jason wasn't allowed to come in until they had made the initial incision, for some reason I remember him being there the entire time, like just after the drape was put up with Boo. After a little tugging and pulling and a minor freak out on my part, our beautiful Scarlett Yvaine Secrest was born into the world at 8:05am on Wednesday December 8th! We decided on the name Scarlett because I really liked Gone with the Wind, and that Scarlett was very dramatic and our Scarlett came into the world in a very dramatic fashion, screaming her head off! She was a very healthy 7 pounds and 4 ounces and 19 inches long. One other thing that was different about this delivery was that from the operating room I was taken to recovery and Scarlett was taken to the nursery not to our room, and it was a couple of hours before she was brought to me, but on the plus side, the nurses and doctors in the nursery did NOT give her formula, with Boo, the nursery staff gave him formula because "his blood sugar was low" and looking back on it, I think they were just trying to get him to calm down...

Also, this time instead of the postpartum nurse coming in and saying "it's time for your percoset", they came in and asked what my pain level was on a scale of one to ten, then asked if I wanted one or two percoset, so as a result, I was much more lucid and I remember much more of my daughter's first three days of life. Another thing was that I got scolded a little for letting her nurse for 40 minutes on one side, in my defense, I had just had some percoset, and I kept falling asleep!

My mom was able to come out the day that Scarlett was born, and help with taking care of Boo and she got to meet her very first granddaughter when she was just brand new! Then, just 8 days later, in an effort to have people around to help me, I flew back to Michigan with my mom to finish up my recovery and enjoy the holidays with my family and my husband's family!

We also had Miss Scarlett blessed/dedicated while we were in Michigan! I would post pictures of that day, but we weren't able to assemble everyone in one shot to do the pictures, so in a few weeks, Jason, Boo, Scarlett and I are going to have pictures done and I will post those.

So far, this being a mom of two thing is going well! Boo really does have ways of getting attention, he climbs up in my lap when he wants attention from his mommy! Miss Scarlett is much more vocal than Boo was at the same age, she definitely lets her mommy know when she's ticked off! Getting places does take a little longer, and a little more planning, but it can be done!!

Again I hope everyone had a wonderful end to 2010 and a terrific beginning to 2011! Enjoy every minute! I think that's all for now!

TTFN! Ta Ta For Now!

--MS:)--

No comments:

Post a Comment